Most consumers have a mobile phone and smartphones allow them to do almost everything they can do on their home computers.
Searching the Internet is one of the most widely used ways mobile web users are looking at information, locating local stores, and making purchases.
You’ll be able to use this to your advantage by standing out from your competition and creating new ways to promote your business.
The first step is to have a mobile friendly website.
Why Do You Need a Mobile Site?
Research has shown that the current mobile web user experience tends to be pretty bad when it comes to viewing and navigating regular web sites. Sites that have not been designed for mobile viewing are usually too cluttered and negatively affect the visitor’s ability to find information fast.
Some of the specific challenges of viewing a regular website on a mobile device are:
- Images not showing or they’re in the wrong place
- Disjointed content blocks. No continuity of content
- Dropdown menus don’t open properly making navigation difficult
- Text is too small to read
- Regular web pages with a lot of text and graphics load slower
Take a look:
Which Website Do You Think Your Customers Would Rather View On Their Mobile Device?
From the example above you can see having a mobile version of your web site will make it a lot easier for people to navigate and view details about your business.
Regular web sites are designed to be viewed on a computer monitor not mobile devices. This means that most traditional web sites are not going to be compatible with mobile devices.
Having a mobile version of your website will extend its functionality by helping your new and existing clients discover the information they’re searching for quickly without cluttering the smaller display on most smartphones.
Mobile Websites Offer the Following Advantages Over Traditional Websites
- Faster load times for web pages that are optimized for mobile devices
- Navigation for the site is more user-friendly and intuitive.
- Content is more focused for ‘quick access’. E.g. Phone number, Location map etc.
- Content is legible in the first instance without having to either zoom or figure out how to navigate.
And consider this fact…
The most common actions that people will take after they look for your business on their mobile device are:
- Contacting you with questions or for an appointment
- Getting a map and directions to your business
Make no mistake…
Getting a mobile-friendly website will help you attract both new and returning customers by providing your business immediate mobile marketability as soon as your visitors see your clean mobile site with all of the important details appearing clearly and easily accessible.
This is just not an opinion…
Mobile Stats Reveal Customers Behavior
After reading these statistics you will quickly understand the importance of having a mobile website for your business. According to a study from Google and conducted by Ipsos OTX…
A survey of 5,013 US smartphone owners found:
- 71% search on their phones because of an ad exposure, whether from traditional media (68%) to online ads (18%) to mobile ads (27%)
- Nine out of ten smartphone searches results in an action (purchasing, visiting a business, etc.)
- 79% of smartphone consumers use their phones to help with shopping, from comparing prices, finding more product info to locating a retailer
- 74% of smartphone shoppers make a purchase, whether online, in-store, or on their phones
- 24% recommended a brand or product to others as a result of a smartphone search
- 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information
- 88% of these users take action within a day, indicating these are immediate information needs
- 77% have contacted a business, with 61% calling and 59% visiting the local business
Additional stats from Google:
- 85% of mobile devices will be web enabled by 2012
- Searches done on mobile devices have increased by 400% in the past year
- 1 in 3 mobile searches have local intent
- 15% of insurance and financial searches are from mobile
- 17% of auto searches are from mobile
- 30% of restaurant searches are from mobile
Still not convinced you need a mobile website yet? Watch this video.
With more people searching and browsing with their smartphones everyday – having a mobile version of your website is just as important as having a regular one.
Let’s Get Started
79% of large online advertisers do not have a mobile optimized website. Become one of the forward thinking businesses in your local area and industry by providing a mobile version of your web site, and experience financial benefits that comes with catering to your visitor’s mobile devices.