When you do research on search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing (MSN), they can return a list of thousands of websites you can visit spread across multiple pages.
Have you ever wondered how the search engines determine the order in which websites appear on the results that came back? Or, why do certain sites rank higher than others?
The answer to this is in a practice called search engine optimization.
Search Engine Optimization (or SEO) is the process of making sure your website can be found when people are searching for you, your product or service on the Internet. Your site must be optimized so when someone enters relevant keywords in a search engine, a page from your site will appear at the top of the list – ahead of the millions of other pages competing for the same visitors.
For example, if your website deals with selling scented candles, the right keywords to use to attract visitors should be related to scented candles. When visitors search for the word “scented candles” they will get a list of websites that deal with scented candles.
And when your website is ranked high in the search engines (on the first page among the top ten) your potential for getting more traffic is increased which can brings mores sales and leads.
Why is SEO Important for Your Business?
Too many business owners think that once they have a website designed that their online marketing activities are done. This is the farthest thing from the truth. They sit and wait for the traffic to come in by itself but it never happens. If you’ve had similar beliefs now is the time to change them.
Here are a few reasons why you need to make sure your website is search engine optimized:
- If you do a search on Google (or any search engine) using the keywords of the product or service you offer, and your website is not on the first page you need search engine optimization.
- According to a study conducted by researchers at Cornell University search engine results ranking on the first page receive about 87.5% of the total clicks by visitors – with the first website receiving more than 56% of the clicks. This demonstrates why it’s important to be on the first page and even more beneficial to be as close to the top as possible. (image source: SEO Searcher).
- Being at the top of the search results will provide a level of credibility for your business. With so many websites to choose from, having a search engine (like Google) rank yours at the top is an endorsement that gives you a psychological advantage over your competitors in the mind of your target audience.
- Search engine optimization usually converts better than any other marketing methods because when someone is using a search engine like Google, they are usually trying to solve a problem. If your business website is listed when they are trying to solve their problem and it looks trustworthy and credible, you have an opportunity at getting business from that searcher.
- If you offer a product or service that can be sold nationally or even internationally, targeted SEO allows you to reach a larger market even if you are working your business from home or a local coffee shop.
- Your competition is already benefiting from using some type of SEO Strategy. Whether they are optimizing their own sites or working with a SEO Specialist, the point is if their site is ranking higher in the search engines than yours you need to do something about it.
As you can see SEO is really an important part of any small business marketing plan.
What We Do in SEO for You
Your Web Solutions uses a variety of Search Engine Optimization methods to enhance your rankings within various search engines. Some of these include:
- On-Page SEO is the evaluation of your website to check various elements such as your title tags, alt tags, internal linking structure, keyword usage, meta descriptions, header tags, social media integration, and several others.
- Off-Page SEO also known as link building. Backlinks are strategically placed on other websites and web properties which link back to your website. Some of the places your links may appear include social media sites, article directories, bookmarking sites and other locations online.
- Web Site Maintenance: It is very important to have your business website maintained consistantly. This will provide the stability your site needs to keep it in the top positions in search engines once you get there. This includes monitoring where you rank and providing you with monthly reports.
Creating an effective and strong search engine optimization campaign takes time and effort. We’re ready to deliver comprehensive SEO strategies from an on-site and off-site perspective.
No matter if you’re looking to:
- Revamp your current site optimization to get better search engine rankings, or want to
- Improve, then maintain your current ranking in the search engines
…we offer several packages to choose from.
When all of these factors come together, your website will becomes an effective marketing tool working to bring you new customers and prospects.
Let us support you in discovering the ideal SEO solutions that will drive qualified web traffic to your site.